Friday, January 8, 2010

3 Days...

I cannot believe that in 3 days I'll be leaving for London :). I started packing today & realized that my "try to only fill the suitcase halfway" idea was ridiculous. This is going to take some serious effort.

It hasn't quite hit me that I'll be away for 4 months, but I'm excited - everyone always talks about how amazing their study abroad experience was! After endless paperwork, writing essays at 3am the day they're due, and almost having a heart attack over my student visa application, I'm finally set to go :).
Note to anyone planning to go abroad: don't wait until the last minute to look at the visa requirements!! Although a wise Jew (Jason Zenner) once told me, "oh stop freaking out, you'll be fine, and if anything, just go downtown and throw them a hundred dollar bill"...I'd rather spend my $100 on some wine, maybe a little Guinness ;).

In addition to taking classes, I'll also have an internship while in London. Even though I've put an end to my back-and-forth change in major & have decided on staying with Finance & Accounting, my internship abroad will be in Marketing. I'm actually really excited about that though - I'll be working in International Marketing at ASOS.com, the largest online fashion retailer in the UK. I mean, as a girl, I really can't complain about working in the fashion industry while in London :P. My only concern is: will I, or will I not, get a discount??

Hopefully the experience is all that it's hyped up to be! I know I'll be suffering iPhone withdrawal, but I can get over that.

Four months in London, home for a month, and then off to NYC for my internship at Bloomberg. Why do I feel like the next 8 months are going to fly by?

No comments:

Post a Comment